Monday, January 18, 2016

2016 Reading Challenges

Normally, I only ever take part in the Goodreads yearly challenge, dedicating myself to reading (and only reading) a certain number of books per year. I usually meet my goal, yet fail to actually update any reading progress on Goodreads. I'm aiming to make this year different.

I spent the first part of last year furiously reading and writing reviews, before life failed and I found myself without access to my desktop computer, my webhosting, and all of the content that I had written up until that point. I spent the remainder of the year trying to recover.

Now, I have a 3 year old laptop, and around 100 ebooks on my Kindle, with my hard copy books all in storage. With this set up, I can do what I do anywhere! So this is where I'm starting. Book challenges that encourage actual reviews.

First, an oldie but a goodie - the Goodreads yearly reading challenge:

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Kali has read 4 books toward her goal of 75 books.
hide

But of course, I can't stop there. I then went on to sign up for the Witches and Witchcraft Challenge over at Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf. I'm participating in that one over at The Inner Deep, my Witchy/Spiritual blog.

Now, we get to the fun stuff. The stuff to challenge me to go outside of my comfort zone. You see, I usually read fantasy, with the occasional romance/erotica thrown into the mix, along with my Witchy reads. Easy enough to fill a quota with those, right?

Pick Your Genre 2016
Pick Your Genre Reading Challenge
Level 1 (Sunbathing): 0/6 Biographies

New To You Square
2016 New to You Reading Challenge
Level 2 (Dipping Your Toes In): 1/12 New Authors
  1. Deborah Lipp



Reading Bingo
0/2 Bingos

B

Listen to an Audiobook: 
A Book With a Number in the Title:
Read a Dystopian: Prodigy, Marie Lu
A Book with Star-Crossed Lovers:
A Book with More than 600 Pages:

I

An Author's Sophomore Book:
A Book with an Animal Sidekick: Murder of Crows, Anne Bishop
A Book that Made You Cry:
A Book with an Antihero:
Read a Book with a Cat:

N

A Book with Red on the Cover: Written in Red, Anne Bishop
An Author You've Never Read: Tarot Interactions, Deborah Lipp
Free:
A Book with A Sword or Dagger on the Cover: Nightblade - Garrett Robinson (Completed 1/19/2016)
A Book with a Steamy Romance:

G

Re-Read an Old Favorite:
A Book with a One-Word Title: Champion, Marie Liu
A Book with a Shifter:
A Book with a Male Protagonist:
Read a Middle Grade Book:

O

Read an Anthology:
A Book That's Been on Your TBR List for a Long Time: Tarot Interactions - Deborah Lipp
A Book from a Debut Author:
A Book from a Genre That's Outside Your Comfort Zone:
Read a Book You Own: 


Shelf Love Challenge
My Shelves and I Are Going Steady: 5/51 Books

2016 TBR Pile Reading Challenge
Married With Children: 5/50 Books
Pervy Girl Challenge
Pervy Girl Reading Challenge
Level 6 (Let Your Freak Flag Fly!): 1/50 Books


Hard Core Re-Reading Challenge
Level 5 (Re-Reading Coma): 1/50 Books


Full House Challenge
1/20 for January-March

By Author You Wish Was Better Known:
Published in 2016:
Book from Series You Love:
Debut Novel:
Thought Provoking Book:
Had Laugh Out Loud Moments:
Book Club Worthy:
Color Word in Title:
Author's Surname Starts with Same Letter as Yours:
You Didn't Want to Put it Down:
Way Out of Comfort Zone:
Family Relationship Word in Title:
Book You Bought:
Setting Begins with B: Nightblade - Garrett Robinson (Completed 1/19/2016)
Author Outside Own Country:
Self Challenge:
Memoir:
First in a Series: 
You'd Like to Change the Cover:
A Dominant Color on Cover:
New Author to You: Tarot Interactions - Deborah Lipp
Would Make a Good Movie: The Burning Sky - Sherry Thomas (Completed 1/22/2016)
Library Book:
Published 2015:
Been on TBR "Forever":


Mount TBR Reading Challenge
Mt. Kilimanjaro: 5/60

Nonfiction Reading Challenge hosted at The Introverted Reader
2016 Nonfiction Reading Challenge
Master: 1/16

Flights of Fantasy Reading Challenge
1/79 Books

2016 eBook Reading Challenge
Level 6 (Empty the Cloud): 8/100 Books

With all of that, I'm going to wrap things up with these four:

You Read How Many Books?
8/100 Books


2016 Pages Read
2,962/52,000 Pages

And finally...

Reading Challenge Addict
Reading Challenge Addict
In Flight: 0/18 Challenges

No comments:

Post a Comment