Sunday, December 1, 2013

Endless // Matt Bone



Endless (★★★☆☆)
By: Matt Bone
Series: Crescent (1)
Genres: Fantasy
Pages: 329
Format: eBook
Features: Post-apocalypse

I’ll admit, I enjoyed the book. It had its moments of interest, and the premise was unique. However, I can’t bring myself to look into the next book, or go back and read again.

Yes, the premise was interesting – but so far, at the end of the first book, was nothing but a plot device. The “hero” ended up not really being the hero after all, and seemed more to just go along for the ride than anything else. I get that it might change later in the series, but when you get introduced to one and only one character so early on and then there ends up being nothing special about him throughout the entire thing, that’s a HUGE letdown.

That fact, and the unique premise are really the only things that I remember from reading this book. There are others I read earlier in the year than this one that I remember with much more clarity and were much more engaging.

I rather enjoy post-apocalyptic plot lines, when they’re done well. This one just… fell short.

No comments:

Post a Comment